Project 365: 359/365 Arm Warmers
I finished them! I’ve been working on these for a while now. In fact, I had basically completed the left arm and then tore it out because it was too long. I finished them this morning though and I’m very happy with them, despite all my mistakes. I followed this pattern that I found on Ravelry. I made one major change of continuing the ribbing on the back instead of the flat knit only stitch. You might notice one is longer than the other and the pattern is repeated one more time on the longer one. Oops. I’m still happy.
Project 365: 316/365 Yarn Stash
Project 365: 315/365 Thumb Gusset Beginning
Well, I at least got the thumb gusset started. I learned how to make 1, which was a new knitting stitch for me.
Project 365: 308/365 Arm Warmers
I started knitting myself arm warmers. I found this pattern on Ravelry and started making them with some yarn from my stash. I’m not so sure about this whole thumb gusset thing, but we’ll see how well it works out.
Project 365: 306/365 Eva’s Third Hat
So, last year, at this time, I made Eva a hat for her birthday. She liked it so much she commissioned me to make her two more. I finished the grey one, finally and used it for my project 365. The pattern is super easy. It’s fashioned after a hat Emma Watson wore when playing Hermione Granger in the sixth Harry Potter movie. You can find the pattern here. Happy Knitting!
Project 365: 300/365 Mom’s scarf
When we were in Colorado, I dragged my parents to a couple of yarn shops. While we were at one in Estes Park, my mom found this tube knitting project. Basically it’s a tube of yarn that progressively changes color. Using a pair of knitting needles you loop one loop over another every two-three inches to create a scarf. This is the finished product.
Project 365: 298/365 Knitted Cowl
So this picture is horridly out of focus, I should have tried harder. This is the finished product of a cowl I knitted for myself. The yarn is a lovely alpaca yarn I purchased from Old Oaks Ranch a few months ago. I found this pattern on Ravelry, and used it as a guideline since my needles and yarn were a lot smaller than what it called for. I basically doubled the pattern to make sure it was long enough to actually cover up my neck.